At Christ’s Greenfield Lutheran School, we believe that every child should benefit from a Christ-centered education so we strive to assist families in their efforts. Successful tuition assistance programs have been put in place that the vast majority of our families are able to access making CGLS affordable. There are several avenues for assistance.
Arizona Tax Credit Opportunity
Parents have the primary responsibility for their child’s tuition and fees, but parents in Arizona have a unique opportunity to receive assistance with their children’s Christian school tuition. The Private School Tax Credit Program is your best possibility to reduce tuition costs. Parents should become familiar with and utilize the Arizona Tax Credit opportunity each year. This program allows others to help with tuition costs for your child with a direct tax credit to the donor. Below is a list of School Tuition Organizations (STOs) that provide tax credit scholarships. Parents should apply to as many of these as they can, assuming their child meets the criteria for their particular program. To secure your scholarship you must apply, complete their process and be enrolled or in the enrollment process prior to their deadlines.
• Arizona Christian School Tuition Organization (ACSTO) — Primary source of tax credit scholarships for CGLS students. Recommended donations—tax credit benefit for donors. www.ACSTO.org – “Regular” and “Overflow/PLUS”, must apply every year (no application fee) in early February. Funds are distributed four times each year.
• School Choice Arizona (SCAZ Corporate Scholarships) — Corporate scholarships for students entering Kindergarten or transferring from public school – Income requirement must be met (no application fee, apply late March, due May 15) www.SchoolChoiceArizona.org
• Arizona Leadership Foundation — Corporate tax credit scholarships for low income households, students switching from a public school, and others. Apply April 18 – June 15th each school year. Every qualified application gets an award. Check for eligibility at www.arizonaleader.org
• Arizona Lutheran Scholarship Organization (ALSO) – Scholarships only for children in Lutheran Schools. Recommended donations—tax credit benefit for donors. www.alsosto.org. “Regular” and “Overflow/PLUS”, must apply every year (no application fee).
• Arizona Private Education Scholarship Fund – APESF (no application fee– accepts applications throughout school year – can apply once each school year) www.APESF.org Scholarship awards are considered monthly.
• Tuition Organization for Private Schools (TOPS) – Offers both Individual and Corporate tax credit scholarships. Application process begins May 1. www.topsforkids.com
• Institute for Better Education (IBE)— Offers both Individual and Corporate tax credit scholarships. Applications due by March 31. www.ibescholarships.org
• Arizona Tax Credit— Offers both Individual and Corporate tax credit scholarships. Awards scholarships twice a month. No application fee. www.aztxcr.org
• CGLS Tuition Assistance — Requires Need Assessment provided by FACTS ($30 fee, contact the school office for deadline dates and paperwork required).
A School Tuition Organization (STO) cannot award, restrict or reserve scholarships solely on the basis of a donor’s recommendation. A taxpayer may not claim a tax credit if the taxpayer agrees to swap donations with another taxpayer to benefit either taxpayer’s own dependent.
Chuck and Marilyn Follett Memorial Scholarship
Chuck and Marilyn were members of Christ’s Greenfield Lutheran Church. Their passion for Lutheran education and vision for the future were instrumental in establishing the school. Follett family members and friends, as well as Christ’s Greenfield Lutheran church members, donate to this scholarship fund to support CGLS students. Contact the Principal for more information.
Loretta Jeanne Kessler Memorial Scholarship
Loretta is the late sister of Dr. Trey Cox. She sacrificed greatly so that her children could attend Lutheran schools and understood the incredible value a Christian education is to children in today’s culture. To honor Loretta’s life and her love for the Lord Jesus Christ, her family and friends financially support this scholarship fund for the benefit of CGLS students. Contact the Principal for more information.
K-8 Scholarship Fund
This dedicated fund receives donations from church members and others wishing to help families in need with their tuition. The use of these funds is at the discretion of the Principal. Contact the Principal for more information.